From 8.30pm tonight, World Movies is putting the Focus On English heartthrob Daniel Craig as we present two of his career highlights back to back.
We kick things off with Matthew Vaughn’s (Kick-Ass, X-Men series) star-studded crime caper Layer Cake before following with the dramatic story of a mother’s new lease on life in The Mother.
To get you in the mood for a Daniel Craig-filled Wednesday night, we’ve pulled together a few facts you might not have known about this gritty film star turned James Bond.
5 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT DANIEL CRAIG:
1. Daniel Craig’s acting debut was at the tender age of 6 in his school’s production of Oliver!
2. In 1988 he studied at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama alongside Ewan McGregor.
3. Craig recently revealed that he initially turned down the role of 007 reporting “I said, ‘Thanks very much, you need to go away and find the right person.”
4. He is terrified of guns, a fear brought on after seeing a real bullet wound
5. Craig does most of his stunts, and reportedly jumped out of a three-story building on to the top of a moving bus during the filming of Quantum of Solace.