1.1 All information, artwork, graphics, text, copy, data, software, advertisements and other material included in the Network (“Material”) is SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV or its licensor copyright material. All Material is protected in Australia by the Copyright Act 1968 and by applicable legislation in other jurisdictions. All rights not expressly granted by these Conditions of Use are reserved.
1.2 Material may not be reproduced, distributed, downloaded, uploaded, modified, adapted or communicated to the public in whole or in part except as set out below:
- You may retrieve Material for personal, non-commercial purposes only.
- You may save a local, temporary copy of Material or send it to your printer for your own personal, non-commercial use or in order to inform authorised and potential users about Material. Any commercial exploitation of Material included on the Network is expressly forbidden.
- Educational institutions and/or government may be permitted to copy publications, audio and/or audio-visual files in accordance with the Copyright Act. For more information about educational statutory licences (Parts VA and VB), please contact Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) – publications (email@example.com) or Screen rights – audio-visual (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1.3 Any copies of Material must be kept in the same form as shown on the Network and must include all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices.
1.4 You must not modify any Material without the written permission of SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV.
1.5 For copyright conditions relating to user generated Material, see clause 3.6 below.
2. Advertisements and links to third party sites
2.1 The Network contains links to other third party websites. These websites are not within the control of SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV and SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, appropriateness or completeness of content of any other website which may be accessed directly or indirectly through the Network. Links are provided as a courtesy only and in no way should be interpreted as an endorsement by SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV. You acknowledge that you click on links to other websites entirely at your own risk.
2.2 The Network also contains non-SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV advertisements which contain links or which refer you to third party websites. All third party advertising is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV or its partners of the products and services advertised. Please contact the relevant advertiser for all information regarding the advertiser and its products or services.
2.3 Non-SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV advertisements may contain representations or offers by advertisers which you can accept by clicking on links to the advertiser’s website and accepting the advertised offer. Such offers are not made by SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV, and the third party advertiser is solely responsible to you for the security of your data or information, or delivery of any goods or services you purchase from that third party website.
3. User Participation
3.1 The Network contains opportunities for you to make contributions, including blogs and forums (“Contributions”).
3.2 While SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV encourages robust debate and discussion, all users should treat each other with tolerance, courtesy and respect.
3.3 SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV does not endorse the opinions contained in the Contributions. While SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV seeks to represent a range of significant perspectives on issues of public interest in the programs it broadcasts on SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV television and radio services, and online content produced by SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV and published on the Network, the majority of the Contributions on the Network are created by members of the public and reflect the opinions of those who choose to make Contributions, which may affect the balance of opinions contained in the Contributions.
3.5 By submitting a Contribution to the Network, you grant to SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV a perpetual, royalty free, non-exclusive, unrestricted worldwide licence to do the following in relation to your Contribution:
- use, copy, communicate, redistribute, or adapt the Contribution, and
- sublicense to any third party the same rights.
3.6 In order for SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV to use your Contribution you confirm and warrant that it is your own original work, is not in breach of any law, whether the laws of Australia or another jurisdiction, that you have the right to make the Contribution and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your Contribution.
3.7 All Contributions are published at SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV’s sole discretion. Your Contribution may be edited, removed from the Network, or not published if SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV considers it to be:
- false, misleading or in breach of any law, whether the laws of Australia or another jurisdiction, and including defamation, contempt of court, privacy, discrimination, harassment, and racial vilification;
- an infringement of intellectual property or copyright, whether of SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV or a third person;
- expressing prejudice against any person or group on the basis of their race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, age, sexual preference, religion, disability, mental illness, or marital, parental or occupational status;
- abusive, offensive, insulting, hateful, violent, threatening, harassing, vulgar, sexually explicit or obscene; or otherwise deliberately offensive or provocative towards other users on the Network;
- inappropriate, off-topic, or vexatious;
- an intrusion of privacy of any person, including the inappropriate provision of personal information or impersonating another person;
- an advertisement or promotion, including inappropriate or gratuitous references to a company or product which unduly promote that company or product; or
- a solicitation for donations.
3.8 You may be held legally responsible for the material you submit to the Network. SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV reserves the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose your identity or other information in respect of any Material which violates any applicable or relevant law.
3.9 Children’s contributions should be supervised by an adult.
4.1 SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV makes no claims and makes no representations as to the content or suitability of the information on the Network for any purpose.
4.2 SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV does not warrant that the Network will be provided on an uninterrupted basis, that your access to the Network will be error-free or that the Material will be free of any viruses or defects that may damage your computer. You acknowledge that you must take your own precautions as to virus checking and security of your computer and any network of which it forms part.
4.3 All other warranties, whether express or implied (including, without limitation implied warranties as to merchantability and fitness) in relation to the Network are expressly excluded, except where prohibited by legislation.
4.4 SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV will not be liable for any losses, claims or damages whatsoever including special, indirect or consequential damages, loss of revenue or loss of data as a result of the use of the Network.
5.1 You must not use any SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV Trademark (including World Movies), and nothing on this Network grants you any right or licence to use any SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV Trademark, without the prior written permission of SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV’s SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV Trademarks’s include the SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV and World Movies name and logo and any other trademarks registered by SBS SUBSCRIPTION TV.
5.2 Other product, service and company names and logos displayed on the Network may be trademarks of third parties and may only be used with the permission of the relevant third party.